Distinguished Young Bobcat Award
Providing extraordinary high school students assistance as they enter college.
A helpful start for a great future
The Distinguished Young Bobcat Award was created to recognize a graduating high school senior who is accepted and attending Texas State University following their high school graduation. The award honors a track record of academic success, demonstrated campus-wide influence and above-average extracurricular involvement.
Alumni of Texas State, Andrew Henley and Maggie Tarsinos (pictured on the top), established the $1,000 award in the spring of 2014 with the desire to provide high-caliber incoming freshman additional financial assistance and a readily made network of support through the Stelos Alliance.
Maggie had this to say about the Distinguished Young Bobcat Award:
“This award represents so much more than just standing out of the crowd; it represents ultimate dedication to academics as well as determination to be involved on campus. This award goes to someone who consistently goes out of their way and expects nothing in return.”
Applications due: Friday, March 23rd at 11:59pm CST
April 22rd, San Marcos, TX
- Student must be classified as a senior at a High School in the state of Texas.
- Student must be planning to attend Texas State University the fall following high school graduation.
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
Must be doubled spaced and typed in a 12 point font.
Must be at least one full page, but can not exceed 2 full pages.
Your essay must address the following questions:
- What are your academic interests?
- Why did you choose Texas State University?
- How have you demonstrated leadership potential?
- What mark do you hope to leave on Texas State University?
2. Letter of recommendation from a non-family member
3. Current resume outlining high school and extra-curricular involvement
Please fill out the form below to apply.
Feel free to email us with any questions
Before submitting your scholarship, please read our terms for applying. You'll verify you have done so at the end of this form.
Send us your documents aT firstname.lastname@example.org