Virginia Moore Chi Omega Scholarship
Celebrating the legacy of Virginia Moore, founder of Chi Omega at Texas State University
History of Scholarship
The Virginia Moore Chi Omega Scholarship was established in 2011 by the Stelos Alliance to honor the founder of the Alpha Zeta Chapter of Chi Omega, Virginia Moore.
Virginia Moore was the first Chi Omega in San Marcos, TX. The story of our chapter is her legacy. The first formal pledging of the colonized Idyllics took place in her living room only after she made sure she had the best women in San Marcos to call her sisters. We are honored to have her as our founder, our sister, our mentor and our friend.
The Virginia Moore Chi Omega Scholarship recognizes the dedicated service, loyalty, leadership and significant contributions of an Alpha Zeta sister to Chi Omega and Texas State. The deserving young leader that receives this scholarship gives tirelessly of herself to enhance the sisterhood experience for everyone.
The Virginia Moore Chi Omega Scholarship will be presented to one woman each spring. The scholarship will be in the amount of $1,000 and will be awarded only if suitable applications are received.
Applications due: Friday, March 31st at 11:59pm CST.
Time and Place of Presentation
April 23rd, San Marcos, TX
- Student must be classified as a sophomore or junior at Texas State
- Student must be an active member of Alpha Zeta Chapter of Chi Omega
- Sophomore and junior classifications will be enrolled 12 hours or more at the time of selection
- The recipient(s) will be in good standing with the University at the time of selection
- Student must have an overall Texas State GPA of at least 2.50
- Student must have demonstrated superior leadership qualities
- Student must have invested a substantial amount of time and service to Chi Omega
- Students who have previously been awarded the Virginia Moore Chi Omega Scholarship are not eligible
Student must write and include a personal essay
Must be doubled spaced and typed in a 12 point font.
Must be at least one full page, but can not exceed 3 full pages.
Your essay must address each of the following topics:
How will your past and present campus activities contribute to Chi Omega and Texas State?
What are your plans for future service to Chi Omega and Texas State as a student?
How do you plan to give back to Chi Omega and Texas State as an Alumnus?
2. Current resume
3. Current unofficial transcript
Please fill out the form below to apply.
Feel free to email us with any questions.
Before submitting your scholarship, please read our terms for applying. You'll verify you have done so at the end of this form.
SEND US YOUR DOCUMENTS AT Melinda.Keller@Stelos.org